Sunday, December 20, 2009

Notation...

Well, I finally got my lazy ass in gear and started the notation for the music. And by that I mean I have done the first song- The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee- which will probably be the easiest one of them all. It wasn't too difficult, but I'm afraid that I won't be able to get them all done before rehearsals start.

I'm having some formatting issues, a lot of which are caused by the fact that I'm using Office 2003 instead of 2007.

I don't even know how helpful this is going to be in the long run, I just wanted to make my senior project somehow different than every other show I've SM'ed here. I may have shot myself in the foot though, and bitten off more than I can chew. Nobody else (ie, the faculty) seems to care about what I do with my senior project, but I have set this goal for myself and as much as I don't think any of them would even notice if I didn't actually use the notation, I will be disappointed in myself if I don't finish it. I'm afraid that won't be enough motivation, though- I have gotten super lazy (maybe just complacent?) and I don't think that self-motivation is going to be enough to force me to work on it. Woof.

No comments:

Post a Comment