Friday, October 29, 2010

2 WTF moments & 1 War Eagle moment

Today I had 2 WTF moments:

First, as I was driving in to the theatre tonight for the show, I passed the front doors and saw our house manager outside talking to ... a cop? I pull around the side of the building to park and see that yes, there is a cop car parked beside the building. By the time I had parked and gotten my stuff, the cop had already gotten back in the car and was pulling out, so I high-tailed it inside. No house manager in sight, but our ME is in his office. I asked him why the cop was here and he says "Uh, I think he wanted to buy a ticket, actually." My heart was beating so fast, I thought I was going to go into cardiac arrest.

Then, I found 3 pencils, a pen, a cough drop (unwrapped, but uneaten) and a penny scattered around the apron of the stage. It was like a middle schooler emptied their pockets on the stage. It wasn't there last night, and nobody should've been in the theatre today... It's a mystery.

And I had a total War Eagle Moment this afternoon! My boss and our props designer both had errands to run this afternoon, so I had to meet the head of the theatre department at Christian Brothers University (this tiny little Christian college about 3 blocks away from POTS) to give him a Tele-cue that he was renting from us, show him how it worked, and get him to sign the rental form. Well, I was wearing my Auburn Theatre hoodie, and he War Eagle'd me- he graduated from Auburn with a Theatre degree in... '91, I think he said? His sophomore year was the year they hired Dan! Lynn & Robin were both there when he was, too. His class was the first one to do a haunted house. He also said that he came back a few years ago to visit and (ew ew ew) the green room furniture is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment