Sunday, June 13, 2010

The show must go on.

Matthew Trombetta, the Managing Artistic Director here at Weathervane, passed away at 3:30am today following a head-on collision with a drunk driver, on his way home from the My Fair Lady strike.

He was the heart and soul of Weathervane, and he had such an impact on so many people. I've only worked with him for 4 weeks, and I already cannot imagine what my career is going to be like without him in it.

We start tech for Miracle Worker tomorrow. He directed the show, so this is going to be an absolutely heartbreaking process. This theatre was his life's work, though, and I know from the brief time that I was able to work with him that cancelling anything is the opposite of what he would want.


Here's the story in the Columbus Dispatch. There was a nice piece on the local news as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment